Monday, May 18, 2009

Travel in Finland - part 15

When I got off the bus, the driver showed me announcement of the bus to Rovaniemi. According to him, if I show the stub, I can ride on the bus in discount fare.

I said good-bye to the driver, and checked-in at the reception of Hotel Kilpis. Then, I went to the room, and set down my backpack. My room was a part of the hostel, not a part of the hotel. That's why I didn't have my private toilet and shower. But my room was a private room with 2 beds. The room was bigger than I expected.





I went back to the reception to have a talk about plans in Kilpisjarvi. I was most interested in 3 countries' border trekking. I asked a receptionist, and she explained the root with maps. The start point of that trekking is 5 km away from Hotel Kilpis. It was a bit long way, but I could rent a bike. It was a good help for me. She told me a lot of information about Kilpisjarvi. Those were very useful because some of the information on the Lonely Planet were old.

I felt relieved and went back to my room. On the way to the room, I met two elderly women. I didn't have a Finnish words book by chance, but talking was fun, anyway.

I went to the restaurant in the hotel with a Finnish words book. I ordered Reindeer meat + potato(19 euro), and wine(6 euro). The dish was delicious!!! I used the words book and told 'delicious', since it was really delicious.

I went out around 8 o'clock. It was a beautiful sunset moment. I took photos at the lake shore. 'jarvi' part of Kilpisjarvi means lake in Finnish. And, Hotel Kilpis is by a lake. It was a really glorious place.

(to be continued)

No comments: