Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travel in Finland - part 11

After eating lunch, I went to the central post office, because there was a museum. But I found more interesting things there. There were a lot of post cards and stamps, including Moomin's ones. The central post office had so many cards and stamps that I could hardly make up my mind what to buy. Finally, I bought several Moomin's cards and stamps to send to my friends. When I paid for those, the cashier woman gave me something. She said, 'It's a sweet.' However, she added, 'Strong.' Yes, the taste was like 'Frisk', very sharp peppermint. She tricked me. (You can buy this sweet 1 euro at convenience stores.)

Then, I went to Kiasm, Museum of Contemporary Art. The entrance fee was 7 euro. I went there because I wanted to see up-front arts. In other words, I wanted to know what was up-front. As I saw those arts, they were really up-front. Unfortunately, I couldn't understand some of them. There were some Post-it prepared. Those Post-it were like this,



'I don't quite get it.' According to the explanation of some of the exhibit, it was an expression of meaningless. Um, it's confusing. But, in a sense, our world is something like that, full of chaos. If I can understand all of the arts in Kiasm, I could understand whole world! Anyway, some of the works were really excellent, and more importantly, the design of the building was inspiring.

At last, I got some souvenirs. I bought post cards again, because I found unique cards. One of them was a photo card describing two men who wore Santa Claus costumes and spent Christmas without girls. Another one was also a photo card of a man who was about to drop from the ladder. I wonder how many times the picture was reshooted. Moreover, I bought this Post-it!



I wanted to visit a cafe introduced in the guide book. But unfortunately, it was already closed.

I went to the central post office again to buy more Moomin's cards and stamps, since I thought I wouldn't buy Moomin's postal goods in other places. In fact, it was true.

When I finished shopping, it was raining hard. I couldn't find anything to kill time, I went back to the hostel.

(to be continued)

No comments: