Friday, September 19, 2008

Travel in Finland - part 2

It is always so when I walk the town for the first time. I can't walk aroud without looking some landmarks. I tried to start walking against the railway station. But the station had several entrances, so I couldn't make sure which was front. Anyway, I looked for the tram. At that moment, I found the stop. So I ran to it. But it wasn't the stop I was looking for, which were that of No 4 or No 4T. 

It seemed that the stop I was looking for was somewhere else. I caught sight of the tram running, so I got after it. I finally found the stop of No 4 and No 4T. and I got on.

The youth hostel, named Eurohostel, was 2km from the railway station according to my information. So I thought I could arrive at the stop near the hostel soon. But I couldn't. I didn't know why. I was embarrassed. Then the tram arrived at the last stop. I ride the opposite way tram. Yes, I made such a classic mistake.

I turned back the way and finally arrived at the stop I should have got off. It took almost one hour to move just 2km.

Eurohostel was so big that I could find easily. I checked in and headed to my room. My room was on the 6th floor. 6th floor was the top. It was when I took the lift(it was not automatic door) that I realized that 6th floor was smoking floor, although all other floors were non-smoking floor. I don't like the smell of the cigarette at all, so I went back to the reception and asked for changing the room to the non-smoking floor. But unfortunately, no vacancy on that day. I gave up and went back to the room.

(to be continued...)

No comments: