Saturday, May 16, 2009

Travel in Finland - part 13

My room in the train was '212', which was a room for double occupancy. At this moment, only I was in the room. This room had a toilet and a shower. All equipments are nice and clean.

It was raining hard outside the train, so I couldn't enjoy the scenary through the window at all. After a while, I went to the buffet car to buy some food for supper. I had Finnish Sandwich(4.20 euro) and coffee(2 euro). The sandwich was very tasty. There were a lot of people in the car, and many of them drank beer. I couldn't drink beer because I was train sickness.

The conductor came to check my ticket when I went back to the room. He said, 'Another passenger will board from Tampere.' I made up my mind to take a shower, since it might be better to take a shower before another person come. However, I couldn't get any hot water! Water is too cold to take a shower. So, I gave up.

I started reading a novel as I lay down on the bed, but I fell in sleep soon. At 21:30, I was waken up when the train stopped at Tampere. The man who had a ticket of the room '212' was unfriendly. There was no conversation between us after all. I fell in sleep again. The man got down somewhere at 6:30 in the morning.

After a little, I woke up and went to the buffet car. I bought a sweet bun and coffee(total 3.50 euro). I packed my luggage and waited for the arrival.

By the way, the train was in Lapland when I woke up in the morning. The scenary through the window was magnificent! The weather was quite difference from yesterday. I found water vapor from ponds and lakes. Maybe the surface of ponds and lakes were warmer than outdoor air. It was really visional!



The train arrived at Rovaniemi station promptly on time at 7:53. Although the temparature was only 4, I didn't feel so cold.

(to be continued)

No comments: