Friday, May 15, 2009

Travel in Finland - part 12

It rained quite steadily.

I dropped by the convenience store in the central station, but I couldn't find any umbrella. Instead, I bought an energy drink. There were many kinds of energy drinks in Finland. What I had was named 'Battery+.' The name was funny, though it tasted nothing special.

It was not a short way to the hostel, so I asked a woman passing by where I could buy a umbrella around there. She told me that I would find one at a department store named Halonen. I went there, and bought 7 euro one.

I picked up my luggage at the hostel, then I headed to the central station by tram. I said to the driver, 'To the central station.' But he said, 'Airport?.' Maybe he thought I was going to the central station to transfer to the bus for the airport.

After arriving at the station, I waited at one of cafes for the departure time, having croissant and coffee. The cafe was in front of the platform, so it was a best spot to take photos. I took a lot of pictures there.

At 19:10, the Santa Claus Express, which was the train I was going to get on, came in the platform. It has so many cars! My compartment was Car 31. I had to use umbrella to get there, because there was no roof at the part of platform.

(to be continued)

No comments: