Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Travel in Finland - part 1

6th Sep 2008

I left Haneda(Tokyo International Airport) at 8:20, and arrived at for Osaka(Kansai International Airport) about 9:30. My connecting flight to Helsinki was planned to leave at 14:10. Yes, I had so much time to wait...

It was first time to stop by Kansai International Airport. But it was a little bit boring for me to spend so much time there. I bought something I had forgotten, like small notebook, pen, and my favorite Japanese snack 'Suppaiman.' And I ate lunch at McDonald. 

One thing that I got angry happened at the security check. I had a lot of films. When the security officer found my films, he sighed. I think it was not polite to do that.

By the way, the flight for Helsinki, operated by Finnair was just as scheduled and I felt comfortable. The food was better than I thought, and the service was good!

At the Helsinki International Airport, I picked up my luggage and bought a Finnair bus ticket at the ticket counter(5.9EUR). When I arrived at the airport, it was cloudy and the temperature was 17℃. But when I was about to ride on bus, it started to rain.

In about 30 minutes, the bus arrived at Finnair Bus Terminal near the Helsinki Central Railway Station(Helsinki Rautatieasema).  There was no problem at this point.

But once I got off the bus, I was not sure where I was. Although I looked the map, it was very difficult for me to understand. I wanted to ride on the tram to go to the hostel. However, I had no idea where to ride on. That information was not on my map.

(to be continued...)

No comments: